What ever be the case, no one can deny his or her liking for good products. It is same in the case of diamonds also. But how to know which is a good diamond! Frankly, it is hard for the layman to know the genuineness of the stone. For instance, a stone, whichmany would believe to be a diamond, might not be one at all.
Sometimes, even a trained eye can be deceived at one glance. But with the help of this text and with a little practical help from us (when you visit our showroom), we are sure you will be enlightened and keen to know more about diamon. For centuries, the diamond has symbolized power, mystique, beauty and love. No other gemstone possesses as many unique and desirable qualities as a diamond. The epitome of desire, diamonds are said to be frozen pieces of time, gifts from the earthís interior.
Found in limited quantities and inhospitable conditions, the diamond has remained rare and valuable as only a few survive the hazardous journey from the depths of the earth to reach the earthís surface.Some 150 miles below the surface of the earth, pure carbon crystallizes under immense heat and pressure to form diamond. To get a one-carat polished diamond, men have to blast, dig, crush, and sort out hundreds of tons of earth. Of all the rough diamonds recovered, less than 20% are suitable for cutting into gem diamonds.Before a diamond is placed on womanís body, it will probably touch at least four continents and the lives of hundreds of people, making it a truly international gemstone.
Some buying tips
- Always check whether the diamonds in the ornaments are shining to the naked eye. Also, try to observe the diamonds through the eyeglass (magnifying glass).
- Ask for one from the jeweller. See the finish of the jewelry. Since there are so many hassles, the customer should consider a jeweller who has knowledge and who is generous enough to explain about diamonds.
- You should also look for good designs and also the price.
- So visit several stores and you will sense where quality, price, service, knowledge and selection all harmonize.
How to take care of your diamond jewellery
- Clean your diamond jewelry with toothpaste and it will regain radiance.
- Use soft brush to dislodge dust or dirt.
- Do not jumble many diamond pieces together or with other jewelry because it can scratch and get scratched as well.
- Avoid touching the clean diamond with your fingers.
- Keep your diamond jewelry from chlorine bleach or other household chemicals. It would not hurt your diamonds, but it can discolour the mounting (the metal part ).